Benjamin and Zac dive into reports that Apple is preparing to comply with the EU’s Digital Markets Act, with alternative app stores and sideloading becoming a possibility on the iPhone for the first time. There are also rumors that Apple has canceled plans to release an iPhone SE 4 next year, and we have more clarity on the final specifications of the upcoming Apple Silicon Mac Pro.
Sponsored by Private Internet Access: Right now, head over to PIAVPN.com/happyhour to get a whopping 82% off your VPN service… PLUS four free months with a two-year plan!
Sponsored by Pillow: Pillow is an all-in-one sleep tracking solution that helps you get a better night’s sleep. Download it from the App Store today.
Sponsored by Chargeasap: The world’s first and smallest 270W USB-C GaN charger – Chargeasap Zeus – is available now with early bird pricing for a limited time.
Zach Hall @apollozac or @email@example.com
Benjamin Mayo @bzamayo or @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apple VR headset probably to blame for Google opting for NFL Sunday Ticket offer at 11th hour
- Kuo: Mass production of iPhone SE 4 may be canceled or delayed until 2024
- AirPods Pro 2: The perfect replacement for the AirPods Max I didn’t know I needed
- Apple reveals MLS Season Pass schedule for exclusive streaming rights
- Apple’s self-service repair program is now available for Studio Display and M1 Macs
- Apple TV app for Android is rumored, following previous expansion to Android TV devices
- Reported 2023 Mac Pro plan would be understandable, but still potentially worrisome
- Apple is reportedly preparing “several new external displays” with Apple Silicon inside
- Gourmet: Apple cancels plans for high-end ‘M2 Extreme’ chip, but new Mac Pro will retain RAM and storage expansion options
- After months of negotiations, Apple has reportedly dropped out of the running for the NFL Sunday Ticket package
Listen to more Happy Hour episodes
- Apple Podcasts
Listen to more 9to5 podcasts
- The bucket of the alphabet
- The Buzz Podcast
- Space explored
- Quick unplanned discussions
Do you like the podcast?
Shop Apple on Amazon to support 9to5Mac Happy Hour or shop 9to5Mac Merch!
FTC: We use earning auto affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: